- There are now about 680 occupied units at Southport.
- Our irrigation system has more than 14,000 sprinkler heads. 90+ clocks x 20+ zones/clock x 8 heads/zone
- We are receiving 100 – 120 service requests per week and can complete about 70%-75% of those each week. We fall behind but be assured we are working as diligently as we can to be responsive.
- Last year it took 3.5 days to mow Phases I – II with three mowers. This year we mow Phases I – III in three days — with five mowers. Thanks for the added resources!
- Southport consumes about 5,000,000 gallons of water each month to irrigate its landscape and golf course.
- A ball mark that is fixed properly heals in 4-5 days. One that doesn’t get fixed takes 4-5 weeks to heal.
- There are about two million seeds in a pound of creeping bentgrass, the predominant grass on greens and tees. Ryegrass has about 250,000 seeds per pound.
- PGA Tour pros putt on greens that roll 13-14 on a stimpmeter, a device that measures the distance a ball rolls and correlates to “green speed.” The greens at Southport average around a 10.
- Greens are mowed to a height of 1/8”; tees and fairways at 1/2”.
Tom Tuttle, Superintendent, Golf Course & Grounds
Committee Meeting Agenda
Committee Meeting Minutes:
Please click on the link below for the meeting minutes.
Landscape Advisory Committee:
Keith Rogers (chair) firstname.lastname@example.org
Charlie Aftosmis email@example.com
Michael McDonnell firstname.lastname@example.org
Deborah Weber email@example.com
Susan Imbergamo firstname.lastname@example.org
Neil Harris email@example.com
Anne Cogan firstname.lastname@example.org