Owner Information

This page contains the following information:

      • Notice From The Property Manager
      • Homeowner Guide
      • Seasonal Announcements
      • Southport Street Map
      • Reminders
        • Trash Pickup
        • Garden Debris
      • Emergency/After Hours/Weekend Procedures
      • Location of Defibrillators
      • BBQ Grills
      • Property Access
        • Resident Stickers
        • Guest Passes
        • Visitor Registration Form
      • Cape Cod Alarm
      • Waste Water Treatment Plant
      • Transition and Reserve Fund Studies
      • Helpful Information
      • Additional Important Numbers

 Notice From The Property Manager

As a reminder, ALL issues, repairs, and homeowner concerns should be requested/noted through MyDartmouthGroup. All matters will be assigned to the appropriate person and addressed in a timely manner. Though you may have an issue that may be pressing or you feel needs immediate attention, please do not approach Southport employees on the grounds and ask for immediate assistance. Enter all of your service requests on MyDartmouthGroup.

Architectural and Landscape Modifications If you are planning renovations, alterations or improvements to your condo or grounds you will need to fill out either an Architectural Modification Request Form (AMR) or a Landscape Modification Request Form (LMR) for approval before proceeding. You may download the forms below or procure one from the Management Office located in the Village Center.

Architectural Modification Request (AMR)

Landscape Modification Request (LMR)

Homeowner Guide

Thanks to Management, homeowners now have a Guide for navigating condominium life.  This Guide includes information to familiarize homeowners with how an Association works, their responsibilities and those of the Association.

To download your copy, please use the link below.

Link coming soon!

Seasonal Announcements

NEW! An updated map of Southport streets!

Please click on the link below to download your copy today!

SPORTS street map 2016


  • Trash Pick-Up Trash barrels may be put out between 8:00pm the night before and no later than 7:00am of the scheduled day of collection. All plastic bags of trash must be in a barrel.
  • Garden Debris  You may drop off your bags of garden debris at the maintenance building Mon-Thurs only or you may take them to the recycling area at the town transfer station. As of July 1, entrance to the Transfer Station requires a free town issued decal. Call Deb Dami at Town Hall; 508-539-1400 for information.

Emergency After-Hours & Weekend Procedures


If ANY alarm sounds in or around your home, call 911 immediately or the Mashpee Fire Department at 508- 539-1454.  If a safety issue has been determined or if you are unsure of the source of the alarm, please leave your home.  Once you are in a safe location, please contact the Guard House at 508-539-9650 about the issue.  The Security staff will alert Management, who will inform the responsible parties about the situation.

When a non-life-threatening emergency occurs after hours or on a weekend, residents should contact the Guard House at (508) 539-9650 to report it.  The Guard House will contact Maintenance with the information.  The Maintenance Department will contact the resident directly to discuss the issue.

Please Note: Management does not have access to residents’ keys after hours or on weekends. – If a resident is LOCKED OUT, the resident will need to contact a locksmith.

Leo’s Locksmith Service 508-457-6006

The Guard House will direct issues regarding walkways in need of shoveling and icy walkways, parking lots and driveways to Landscaping.

Please note: Low battery chirps on your smoke detectors or CO2 detectors are not emergency issues.  If you are unable to change the batteries in your detectors, please contact a local handy man for assistance.

Location of Defibrillators

Defibrillators have been installed throughout the Village Center and Golf Clubhouse.  They are located:

  • at the Ballroom entrance next to the fireplace
  • in the rear lobby, by the emergency exit to the pool area
  • on the wall of the short corridor leading between the Card Room and the Arts & Crafts Room
  • on the exterior wall of the front entrance to the Golf Clubhouse

Please make a point to find them before you might need them.

BBQ Grills

As authorized by Mashpee Fire Chief Thomas Rullo, the Board of Governors has set up a process with a special subcommittee to have BBQ grills approved under the revised regulations that have now become state law.

For new grills, please enter a request in MyDartmouthGroup under Maintenance Request – Common Area – Grill for a grill inspection. Once we receive the request, the Grill Safety Team will schedule a site visit and assess your situation. You will need to have your individual BBQ grill manual handy to determine if it meets the required clearances from the  structure and railings.

In the event the grill Safety Team has doubts relative to your situation, the Mashpee Fire Chief and Deputy Chief will make the final determination.

Meanwhile, please remember propane tanks should not be stored in the garage, on a balcony without direct egress to the ground, or inside your home.

Below are the definitions and guidelines for the placement of a gas grill:

Balcony: A structure attached to a building with no exterior stairs other than through the attached building.

Deck  {including porches and patios): A structure attached to a building where constructed above grade has exterior stairs extending to grade.

Phases 1,2 and 3-Non Walkouts

1. If you have a deck (with stairs to ground) you can grill. You need to make sure grill is a certain distance from the unit and railings as specified in your individual grill manual.

2. If you have a sunroom, you can grill on lawn or pad that’s been installed as you’ve previously been doing. Be sure grill does not interfere with sprinkler system or mowing. You need to make sure grill is a certain distance from the unit and  railings as specified in your individual grill manual.

Walkouts in Phase 3

1. With a Sun Room-Can grill on bottom deck if you have stairs to ground and fire suppression sprinklers on your bottom deck. You need to make sure grill is a certain distance from the unit and railings as specified in your individual grill manual.

2. With balcony (upper level-no stairs to ground) and deck on lower level- Can grill on bottom deck if you have stairs to ground and fire suppression sprinklers on your  You need to make sure grill is a certain distance from the unit and  railings as specified in your individual grill manual.

Walkouts in Phases 1 and 2

1. With deck upper level (with stairs to ground) and lower level (with stairs to ground)-Can grill on upper level. You need to make sure grill is a certain distance from the unit and railings as specified in your grill manual.

2. With Sun Room and deck below but no fire suppression sprinkler system on deck, you must      BBQ on lawn  and make sure grill is far enough away from structure. Be sure grill does not interfere with landscape sprinkler system or mowing.

 Property Access

Resident Stickers Expire June 30th each year

New decals are issued at the Village Center Desk on weekdays between 1:00 and 2:00. At this time, you will be given a copy of your current Resident Information Form to review and update as needed to ensure that our resident files are as accurate as possible. When requesting your new Resident Vehicle Decal(s), you will need to provide the following:

  • Vehicle Registration Showing Your Mashpee Address If your vehicle is not registered to you at your Southport address, please bring another proof of residency with you, e.g., driver’s license, electric, gas, or telephone bill. If you have a leased car, please provide documentation that the car is leased to you at your Southport address.
  • Only residents can pick up Resident Vehicle Decals. If you do not have documented proof of Southport residency, exceptions will be authorized by the Board of Governors on a case by case basis. Your decal(s) will be issued after approval. After June 1, decals will be available at the Activities Desk Monday-Friday between 1:00–3:00.

If you are away from Southport, you may mail a copy of your registration or supporting documentation, the form and a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Southport Village Center, 27 Southport Drive, Mashpee, MA 02649 and we will send your decal to you. All information must be complete.

 Guest Passes Expire May 31

Residents may purchase up to five Guest Passes to be used by friends or family members who visit frequently. These are not intended for service people who come to your home. Passes are available at the Activities Desk after May 1, Monday-Friday, between 1:00-3:00 and cost $5 each (checks payable Southport Condo Assoc. must be made out by the Homeowner).

Guest Pass Forms are in the Information Room. Please bring the completed form, including license plate information, when you come to purchase passes. If you are renewing passes, you do not have to complete a new form. You may verify the information that we have on file instead. Just stop by the Village Center Desk for a printout. Please note: Passes are issued to residents only; it is your responsibility to ensure that your guests have a current pass.

The Visitor Registration Form (free) is designed for family and friends who visit less frequently. You can list these guests on the form and leave it at the Guard House; your guests will be permitted to enter Southport after checking in at the Guard House. You need not be home to verify that they are your guests. The list can be updated whenever necessary. Forms are in the Information Room. When you drop off your new list at the Guard House, please be sure to retrieve your old list.

Cape Cod Alarm

The Board of Governors asked Cape Cod Alarm to provide the following information in the in-house alarm system to all residents so that you are all aware of how to contact them for service issues and to help you understand more about how to properly maintain your alarm systems.

As a resident of Southport you may be aware that your home is equipped with an electronic home protection system installed and monitored by Cape Cod Alarm, a family-run, locally owned and operated company that has been serving the community for over thirty years.

Your home has a burglar alarm and an integrated fire alarm system that includes heat detectors and a separately installed Fire Sprinkler System that is monitored by Cape Cod Alarm.  To keep your system fully functional and compliant with local regulations, it is critical that your telephone lines work at all times.

Telephone Lines Telephone lines are the primary means of communication between your home and Cape Cod Alarm’s Central Station. Without working lines, emergency response providers may not be notified of a problem in your home. The telephone line is also used for the red panic button in your master bedroom.  When this button is pressed, an alarm will sound in your home and Cape Cod Alarm will call the police to let them know there is a panic situation in your home.  These components of your alarm systems are always active even if you are not arming or disarming the system.  If your telephone line is not working, or is on a winter service that does not have the ability to make outgoing calls, the signals will not get to the appropriate places for adequate monitoring of your system, and the safety of your building will be compromised.  This is why you are required by the Association to maintain a working phone line.

As a homeowner, you are presented with many different types of home telephone services available on the market.  When choosing a new telephone service, it is important to be sure it is compatible with your alarm system.  Cape Cod Alarm recommends having a Verizon Plain Old Telephone Service line (may be referred to as a POTS line) or Comcast Digital Voice.  There may be other telephone service providers that have compatible lines; however, you must confirm the line type is on a “Managed Facilities Based Voice Network.” Currently the only services in the Cape Cod area that meet these standards are Verizon POTS and Comcast Digital Voice although other services may become available.  A standard Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) line and cellular lines are not compatible and will not work with your alarm system.

Many residents have chosen to switch to a Comcast Digital Voice Line.  Comcast uses a black box to produce the telephone line and it is important to have this black box located in the correct area of your home.  When speaking with Comcast, please tell them that you have a monitored fire alarm system and the black box will need to be located in the basement near the existing phone splice.

Personal Safety Information – Cape Cod Alarm Services

Part of your monthly condo fee pays for the following emergency services from Cape Cod Alarm (CCA). No additional fees are assessed.

  • Police The large red button on a wall in your master bedroom, if pushed, alerts the CCA operator to notify Mashpee Police to send a responder to your address.
  • Fire In the event of a fire, the heat detector or the activation of your sprinkler system will switch on the red light on the exterior of your building (not over each unit) and will send a signal to CCA, who will contact the Mashpee Fire Department. The exterior red light assures that fire personnel can locate the building quickly. NOTE: Ceiling smoke alarms in your unit do not alert CCA.

The following OPTIONAL EMERGENCY SERVICES are available to residents for a fee. 

Personal Medical Alert Button: Cape Cod Alarm (CCA) can provide a small wireless, water-resistant medical emergency button that can be worn at all times on your wrist or around your neck. When button is pushed, the keypad in your home will beep and a signal will be sent through your security system to CCA. They will dispatch an ambulance or other responder as designated by you. In that case, it is recommended that you opt to have the fire department notified rather than the police department, especially if you install a Knox Box (see below). The red button in your unit connects with the Mashpee Police Department.  In case of a medical emergency it is preferable that the Fire Department be notified. There is a one-time fee of $245 for equipment and installation, but no monthly fee. Similar services from other companies can cost as much as $50.00 per month.


Knox Rapid Entry System This is a locked metal box installed by your front door.  It holds a key to your unit and is accessible only by Mashpee Fire Department (MFD) personnel.  In the event of a personal medical emergency, responders can save precious time getting into the condo and can avoid breaking a door or window in order to enter. An application for a Knox Box may be obtained from the MFD and then ordered from the Knox Company. The cost of a box ranges from $159 to $174 depending on your choice of a model. Once the box is installed, the resident contacts the MFD and a representative will come to the residence and observe while you place your front door key and personal emergency contact information in the box. The MFD representative will close and lock the box, and only fire department personnel will be able to open the box in the future.

Caring for Southport’s Waste Water Treatment Plant

The Southport Waste Water Treatment Plant is a mechanized septic system with very specific requirements. Each treatment for blockages incurs substantial costs to the association. To avoid the expense of early replacement of sand filters and the associated cost to pump out the system more frequently than recommended, the Board of Governors/Property Management has adopted the following rules and regulations regarding the proper disposal of materials.

Garbage disposals are strictly prohibited! Garbage disposals introduce excessive amounts of solid waste into the WWTP, which stresses the treatment equipment, causes premature failure and results in considerable expense to all residents. Any existing garbage disposal unit must be removed immediately. When a unit owner has been found to have a garbage disposal installed, the Board of Governors has authorized the Property Manager to assess a fine of $100.00 per day, retroactive to the date upon which the unit owner took ownership of the unit or the date when the garbage disposal was installed (proof required).

  • Solids The plant cannot process solids. Do not use drains to dispose of rags, diapers, incontinence garments, sanitary products, cleaning pads, condoms, facial tissues, dental floss or similar items.
  • Ground-Up Solids The plant cannot process ground-up solids. Do not use drains to dispose of kitchen scraps, coffee grounds, or any other kitchen garbage.
  • Fats The plant is designed to be fat free. Do not pour cooking oils, grease, bacon fat, etc., down the drain. Pour liquid fats into a container for disposal in the trash.
  • Chemicals The plant operates as a natural process. Do not use or dispose of drain cleaners, solvents or harsh chemicals in drains.

If we all work together to ensure that proscribed items are not used or introduced into the waste system, we will prolong the life of the treatment plant and conserve association funds for improving the quality of life at Southport.

Transition Study & Reserve Fund Study: An Explanation of the Process

Many questions about the Transition Study and the Reserve Fund Study were posed by residents during the Board of Governors election process. The Board felt that the following explanation of the process would be useful for owners.

The Transition Study When you purchase an existing house from the owner (not a new house from the builder), you negotiate with the seller and agree on a price and then hire an engineer to inspect the property. The engineer may discover things that are wrong with the property; you negotiate these items with the seller and then have a legal closing, after which you own the house and any subsequent problems. The seller has no further legal responsibilities.

Our “Transition Study” process is similar, except that our “house” is much more extensive and complex. The inspection in this case involves the entire Southport property and results in a report — the Transition Study. The inspection uses the following criteria:

      • Was this item designed properly for its proposed use and in accordance with codes and practices in effect when it was designed?
      •   Was the item constructed according to the design?

Was the item maintained properly since it was built?  Items deemed by the engineer to be unacceptable are noted for repair or replacement, including the engineer’s opinion of probable cost.There are about 75 categories to be studied (roads, pools, the Village Center, drainage, electrical, roofing, siding, HVAC, etc.). Some are studied item by item, some street by street. The inspection looks for “global” issues, where similar structures have common problems, rather than items specific to one unit. Our Engineering Study Committee has met regularly for two years developing criteria for the hiring of an engineering firm that specializes in preparing transition studies. They investigated over 20 such firms, conducted phone interviews with 18, requested formal proposals from nine, and selected four for an interview in combination with the BOG. We required that the winning proposal include a sub specialist in waste-water treatment facilities.We awarded the contract to create our Transition Study to Criterium Engineers. They sent over 500 questionnaires to Owners of Record, and received, reviewed, analyzed and collated 266 responses.Those responses guided the selection of individual units for inspection, in addition to other units chosen to ensure that all areas of Southport were represented. They inspected about 25 residences and all public buildings, interviewed staff, residents and town officials, and reviewed blueprints and legal documents. The Transition Study, with changes offered by our committee and the Board, is expected to be in our hands shortly. It will be the basis for negotiations with the developer.Once negotiations have begun, the BOG will publish an outline of the issues to be negotiated for the information of homeowners. This sequencing is intended to protect the viability of the negotiations; premature publication of items to be resolved will have the developer negotiating each item with 700 individuals, an impossible situation. The BOG will conduct negotiations, assisted by our attorneys as necessary, and by the professional engineer project manager from Criterium.The Reserve Fund Study The “Transition Study” generates a list of equipment and building needs and their status. This feeds into the “Reserve Fund Study,” which anticipates repair and replacement cost for each of the approximately 75 categories, line by line, year by year, for the next 30 years. This becomes a key planning tool for budgeting to ensure that the reserve fund for replacement never falls short and always maintains a reasonable minimum balance. The goal is to have sufficient money in the fund so that special assessments to pay for future unexpected items are not needed.We understand that financial projections are really educated guesses that lose accuracy over time, so this document must be updated about every five years if it is to be useful. We expect to receive the final Reserve Fund Study shortly. Southport’s current and future budgets have included the best data from this study that was available at the time of preparation. These two reports total about 250 pages of observations, reports, photos, evaluations and conclusions.  Once negotiations with the developer have concluded, both reports will be available to homeowners for review. The volunteers of the Engineering Study Committee have worked well over 2500 hours on this project and each of them deserves our appreciation for their contributions. Southport Board of Governors

Helpful Info

Association Documents Please login to your account at MyDartmouthGroup to access all the association documents.

Power Outage After a power outage, some homes located in Phases I & II may experience call interruptions while using their landlines.  If a call is dropped while you are on the telephone, it may be an alarm company issue as opposed to a telephone service provider issue.  If the problem persists for more than one day, please contact Cape Cod Alarm to tell them there was a power outage and that your line check time is now occurring during the day, and ask them to re-program the line check time. The telephone number for Cape Cod Alarm is 1-800-468-8300.

Mashpee Emergency Notification System Our town has a high speed notification system that will make calls to specific people or areas in the event of an emergency or to share important information. Several town departments use the system, which can make thousands of calls in a minute, to convey vital information. Messages may relate to floods, fires, water emergencies, road closures, missing persons, evacuation orders, weather and other emergencies. To learn more about adding your personal information to the system, go to the emergency notification page: Mashpee Emergency Notification System

Additional Important Numbers

Water District (water emergencies, securing water at the street, outside the unit): 508-477-6767

Eversource Residential: 800-592-2000
(Emergencies, service interruptions)

National Grid Massachusetts:  800-548-8000
(Gas Leaks)

Mashpee Police – Emergency: 508-477-1212

Mashpee Fire – Emergency: 508-477-1234
(Fire or Ambulance)